Thursday, January 12, 2012

Hennessy V.S.O.P Privilege Collection NYX Launch Party in Malaysia

Wow it's already a week since this happened

Many of you will know its not usual for me to hop on a plane/bus down to KL for events like this and this case is no exception. A couple of days ago Bryan Lim asked me if I wanted to attend this event and since I was coming down I said why not. So as a blogger I do what I'm supposed to do "blog" obviously and received not 2 but 2+1 for myself. My dad was back for the weekend and I decided to follow him back to KL cause he drove down. Left Penang at approx 11.30ish PM on the 3rd of January and reached KL Crib at 5AM. I was feeling unwell so I rested for a whole day.

Fast forward to the 5th of January 2012 = I was still feeling under the weather in the morning till afternoon and prayed it would go away ASAP. Luckily it did and I arrived at Midvalley around 7.30PM. Waited for my friends to show up and was kinda hoping to play the fruit slice game to win myself a 70CL bottle. Ended up I didn't(what is wrong with me) Registered myself and went for dinner at Popeye's(best mash potatoes EVER)
A friend of mine was Q-ing behind me. It was none other than Serge, I was teasing him about not wearing the "dress code" and he argued saying his "white hat" was part of it already(didn't take a solo with him wasted) So had a lil prob here but it was settled(I still feel bad though)

Spotted Shannon Chow in violet 
Had dinner till 9ish but since I knew where the "secret location" was I figured it wasn't a problem if I went slightly later than the time it was supposed to start(8.30PM). After having a slight trouble finding the location we met an usher who guided us to the venue. After reaching I met Jason Ong who helped me to take a group pic with my friends then we went into Vertigo. It was my first time in this club and I can already tell you it was too packed for a "launch party" like this already. Entered and was greeted with ushers who told us there were glowy tattoos for free that we can get. I met Josh Lim for the first time that night and then found a spot to chill with my friends. Ended up next to the DJ booth

*insert group picture by Jason Ong here*

I was up on a platform/stairs when I took this shot
At 10.30PM the party finally started with Julie Woon announcing the NyX bottle and there were "go-go dancers" all around in tron-like outfits who were trying to move with the beat and holding the bottle at the same time. DJ Blink stepped up and the party was a go with him on the decks. Oh not to mention the UV lights turned on and everything white became neon which was cool!!!




I was trying to get into the mood of the party but I guess I couldn't cause I was feeling under the weather. I was more than happy with my glass of Hennessy Berry at my spot but I forced myself to find everyone and snapped solos with them. Met humans like Christopher Tock, Bryan Lim, Jason Ong, Josh Lim, Victor Tan, Melvin Tan, Sam Chew, Julie Woon, DJ Blink, Valerie Cheah and others I forgot to solo with so I can't remember their names ahaa The event ended when the clock hit midnight but the after party continued till dunno what time I left around 1ish that was when most of my friends left.




It wasn't as enjoyable as the Hartistry events that I attended but I can't compare both cause it was two totally different events from Hennessy Malaysia. Looking forward to the next one though x)

5 comments:

Serge Norguard said...

wasted ? how was not taking a solo with me wasted ?

Lim Yimei said...

@Serge = I meant rugi did not take a pic with you la

Serge Norguard said...

aiya.. no rugi in not taking pic with me.

Rachael Lim said...

looks like a cool party. love the illuminated bottle

Lim Yimei said...

@Serge = I solo with everyone I meet ma

@Rachael = hehe thanks